ABOUT Don't Tell Charles Workshop
Established in 2013 as a specialty coffee and dessert house, DTC has grown into an industry leading cake studio influencing design trends and cake decorating techniques in Australia and all over the world. They are home to the original Concrete Cake, a design which is rapidly gaining popularity due to its unique and striking simplicity. So popular that we are now holding regular sold-out Concrete Cake workshops in Melbourne, interstate and overseas.
Most workshops are held by Founder and Cake Wizard, Thao Pham. Thao also runs private one-on-one workshops and travels overseas to teach they signature techniques including the Concrete Cakes, Smooth Buttercream, Watercolour Buttercream, Black Ganache etc.
In this hands-on workshop you will learn various techniques in order to recreate DTC’s signature watercolour cake using real delicious ingredients. You will also learn how to make various decorations from chocolate including sails, coconuts, Monstera leaves & tropical animals.
The class will cover:
• Cake design & planning • DTC Vanilla Cake Recipe: The easiest vanilla cake and cupcake recipe you’ll ever need.
• How to make DTC buttercream
• How to cut, stack and fill a round cake
• Colouring buttercream with gel colours
• How to render smooth buttercream and achieve razor sharp edges on a round cake
• How to achieve DTC's signature watercolour buttercream finish
• How to create DTC’s signature chocolate sail and various Mexican Fiesta chocolate decorations
• How to securely assemble chocolate sail and decorations
• How to apply edible gold leaf
• Many tips and tricks
Date: Sunday, 5th May 2019
Time: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Location: KOI Dessert Kitchen (Shop 3, 62 - 66 Blaxland Rd, Ryde NSW 2112)
Class Type: Hands on
Size: Maximum 10 people
To book for this class please send us an email with your details (name and mobile no).
Email to Ryde@koidessertbar.com.au with Subject Line: DTC Watercolour Fiesta
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is this class suitable for beginners?
No, must be able to use basic decorating tools i.e turntable, scraper, offset spatulas etc
Cancellations / Changes of your Class Booking
KOI Dessert Kitchen operate a no refund policy and as such we are unable to refund any class bookings where you decide to cancel a class booking 5 days or less prior to commencing your class, as a result of any change in personal circumstances, including medical grounds. No refunds will be given if you have simply changed your mind. If you cancel a class booking more than 5 days prior to commencing your class, this will result in a Credit Note in a Gift Card format (12 months expiry) where you can use it to purchase our desserts.
WHAT WILL BE PROVIDED
- Equipment, tools, cake and ingredients
- Recipe book, DTC branded folder & DTC Certificate of Completion
DO YOU NEED TO BRING ANYTHING?
No, just yourself.
WHAT TO WEAR
Please wear comfortable and closed shoes.
CONFIRMATION & TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
Please do not make travel arrangements until your class has been confirmed via email. If you have not received your 'Booking Confirmation' within 72 hours of booking your class, please contact Ryde@koidessertbar.com.au