ABOUT TIFFANY JONES - CHEF AND PASTRY CHEF
In a career spanning 23 years as a professional chef and pastry chef , Tiffany has worked with some world renowned international and local Australian media chefs. Including Justin North, Colin Fassnidge and Maggie Beer.
More recently Tiffany has had her own stints in the media both here and abroad. After representing Australia on the pastry team for the Gelato World Cup 2016 , in which Australia came third, her career has gone from strength to strength. Tiffany currently delivers consultancy, collaborations, classes and pastry advice to the industry.
Most recently Tiffany was the Head of pastry and innovation department for Lotus Dining group where she is the brainchild behind their desserts, cakes, and pastries.
In this class we will make two elegant and modern celebration cakes that will both inspire and make you find an excuse to celebrate! From the ethereal chocolate angel cake to the ultra-modern mandarin naked cake. We will cover everything from the baking to filling and all the tricks of the trade to decorate with confidence.
The chocolate angel cake: Flourless chocolate sponge, raspberry and hibiscus gel, grue de cocoa crunch, ultimate chocolate frosting, chocolate angel feathers.
The modern mandarin muse: Mandarin olive oil sponge, mandarin curd, freeze dried mandarin crunch, orangeblossom frosting and isomalt glass.
Class content Day 1:
- Interactive demonstration where everyone will make and bake the chocolate and mandarin cakes.
- Demonstration and making of the raspberry hibiscus gel and mandarin curd.
- Preparation of the orange blossom frosting and ultimate chocolate frosting
- Demonstration and preparation of the modelling chocolate and isomalt.
- Preparation of the grue de cocoa and freeze dried mandarin crunch.
Class content Day 2:
- Construction of the cakes.
- Covering and frosting techniques
- Working with modelling chocolate and making the feathers
- Working with isomalt and making of the glass
- Decorating and finishing of the cakes.
- Two day Masterclass
- Date: Saturday, 28th July 2018 - Sunday 29th July 2018
- Time: 11:00am to 4:00pm
- Location: KOI Dessert Kitchen (Shop 3, 62 - 66 Blaxland Rd, Ryde NSW 2112)
- Class Type: Hands on
- Price: $450/person
- Size: Maximum 10 people
To book for this class please send us an email with your details (name and mobile no).
Email to Ryde@koidessertbar.com.au with Subject Line: Celebration Cake
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is this class suitable for beginners?
Cancellations / Changes of your Class Booking
KOI Dessert Kitchen operate a no refund policy and as such we are unable to refund any class bookings where you decide to cancel a class booking 5 days or less prior to commencing your class, as a result of any change in personal circumstances, including medical grounds. No refunds will be given if you have simply changed your mind. If you cancel a class booking more than 5 days prior to commencing your class, this will result in a Credit Note in a Gift Card format (12 months expiry) where you can use it to purchase our desserts.
WHAT WILL BE PROVIDED
- Recipe Booklet
DO YOU NEED TO BRING ANYTHING?
No, just yourself.
WHAT TO WEAR
You must wear closed-toe shoes.
CONFIRMATION & TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
Please do not make travel arrangements until your class has been confirmed via email. If you have not received your 'Booking Confirmation' within 72 hours of booking your class, please contact Ryde@koidessertbar.com.au